Peaches fresh from the orchard. Delicious.
Peaches in a creamy, dreamy shake. Even better.
When I first started dabbling in the vegan lifestyle, I came across a recipe for a chocolate shake at vegancoach.com (if you click the link, you’ll have to scroll down a bit to find the recipe). Since then, I have made many modifications to this recipe and use it all the time whenever I need a healthy sweet treat. When I got some fresh peaches, I added those into the mix and the peaches and cream shake was born.
This shake is truly delightful! I often make it just plain vanilla, but the subtle peach flavor is wonderful. Unfortunately, whenever I’ve made it so far, it’s already down the hatch before I remember to take a photo!
- 1 c. almonds (raw is best!)
- 3 c. ice
- ¼ tsp. stevia powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla (or use a little more - I usually don't measure!)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ c. water (may need to add a little more later)
- 2 fresh peaches (pits removed)
- Put everything in a STRONG blender (like a Vitamix) and go! You may need to use the plunger to keep things blending.
- You may need to add a bit more water. I have added up to ½ cup extra.