Author: Nicole at mydeliciousdream.com
A fresh salad made with berries, vegan feta cheese, and honey nuts. Delicious, healthy, vegan, and gluten-free!
- Lettuce (I used spring mix)
- Berries (can use one kind or an assortment - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Vegan feta cheese
- Honey nuts (see instructions)
- Fresh lemon juice
- There are no measurements here because it really depends on how much salad you want to make. Simply layer the ingredients together. I did lettuce, berries, nuts, and cheese, then added the fresh lemon (I used one lemon for three large salads).
- To make the honey nuts, coarsely chop ⅔ cup almonds and ⅓ cup cashews in a food processor (you can use any variety of nuts you want). Put the nuts in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of honey and a scant ⅛ tsp. salt (or less), and mix well. You want to make sure the nuts are all coated. Transfer to a small skillet over medium heat. Allow them to brown slightly, stirring regularly (don't let them burn). You could also roast them in the oven; I chose to do it on the stove because it was faster. This is enough nuts for several salads...and for snacking, too!
Recipe by My Delicious Dream at http://mydeliciousdream.com/berry-feta-salad/