|Chocolate Raspberry Pudding Parfaits |
Author: Nicole at mydeliciousdream.com
Chocolate and raspberry pudding layered with a simple nut crumble. Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free.
- ½ c. almonds
- 1 c. shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ½ c. raisins
- 1 tsp. cacao powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅓ c. mini chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ c. cashews
- 1 c. water
- 3 tsp. cacao powder
- 1 T. xylitol
- ⅛ tsp. stevia
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 T. agave syrup (optional)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (13.66 oz)
- 1 T. powdered xylitol
- 1 c. frozen raspberries
- 10 drops vanilla
- ¼ tsp. lemon liquid stevia
- 1 T. maple syrup (optional)
- Put all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor.
- Process until well combined and the mixture starts sticking together (should take several minutes).
- Add in the mini chips (if desired) and pulse just until mixed.
- Add all ingredients except optional agave syrup in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a skillet and cook on medium-high heat until bubbly, stirring regularly.
- Once it bubbles, turn on low and let thicken, continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- If you feel the mixture needs a little more sweetness, stir in 1 T. of agave or whatever amount you desire.
- Allow to fully cool (may want to put it in refrigerator).
- Remove the liquid from the coconut milk and save it for another recipe (it's great in a smoothie!). This works best by putting the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, but it still may work fine if the can has been stored in a relatively cool place.
- Put the "solid" coconut milk in a blender and add the remaining ingredients except for the maple syrup.
- Blend until well combined.
- If you feel the mixture needs more sweetness, add the maple syrup, or your sweetener of choice (I find the maple syrup adds a nice flavor element as well).
- Chill the mixture until you're ready to use it.
Assemble the Parfaits
- Use the nut crumble as the base, then layer the chocolate and raspberry however you prefer.
- Top with a bit more of the nut crumble, a whole raspberry or two, and a few mini chocolate chips.
Recipe by My Delicious Dream at http://mydeliciousdream.com/chocolate-raspberry-pudding-parfaits/