Author: Nicole at mydeliciousdream.com
Cool and creamy ice cream made with avocado, coconut milk, and mint. Vegan, gluten free, low glycemic.
- 1 fresh avocado - peeled and pit removed
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (13.66 oz)*
- 1 Tbs powdered xylitol**
- ⅛ tsp stevia powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp pure mint extract
- ½ c. almond milk
- Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator (probably not necessary but I think it helps it freeze better in the ice cream maker).
- Prepare in ice cream maker according to instructions.***
*I use Thai Kitchen brand. **You can make powdered xylitol by simply putting regular granulated xylitol in the blender (any granulated type of sweetener should become powdered after blending). ***If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can put it in a container in your freezer and periodically take it out and mix it up. I've never made ice cream this way, but I'm told it works.
Recipe by My Delicious Dream at http://mydeliciousdream.com/mint-avocado-ice-cream/