|Creamy Wild Rice with Kale & Arugula |
Author: Nicole at mydeliciousdream.com
Healthy comfort food at its best! Vegan, gluten-free, and grain-free.
- 1½ c. wild or brown rice
- 4-5 leaves of kale (rib removed, finely chopped)
- handful of arugula (chopped)
- 1 c. raw cashews
- 2 c. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. minced onion (dehydrated)
- 1 T. vegetarian chicken seasoning (La Chikky)
- ¼ - ½ tsp. garlic herb seasoning
- Cook the rice as normal.
- When the rice is finished, keep the heat on low and add the kale and arugula.
- In a blender, add the cashews, water, salt, onion, and seasonings and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cashew mixture over the rice.
- Simmer until the cashew mixture thickens (it doesn't take very long).
Recipe by My Delicious Dream at http://mydeliciousdream.com/creamy_rice/