Author: Nicole at mydeliciousdream.com (inspired by Seven Secrets)
A vegan alternative to nacho cheese!
- 1 c. raw cashews
- 2 c. water
- 1 to 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 T. taco seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 T. nutritional yeast
- ½ red pepper (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend well (a Vitamix works great!).
- Pour blended mixture into a skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, continue stirring until it thickens, then turn off the heat and let it sit. (It cooks very quickly.)
- It will continue to thicken a bit as it cools.
- Can be used hot or cold (I prefer it warm).
Recipe by My Delicious Dream at http://mydeliciousdream.com/vegan-nacho-cheese/